Low institutional integrity, which includes corruption, constitutes one of the major obstacles to development. It has harmful and devastating implications, particularly for the poor and disadvantaged groups. It undermines citizens’ trust into public institutions, distorts markets and increases poverty, discrimination and inequality. Corruption happens simply because it is possible to happen and solutions to prevent corruption are focused to unable corrupt behavior within organizations.
Proffs Consulting & Training provides consultancy services on building institutional integrity and anti-corruption helping local governments, ministries, agencies, public enterprises, private businesses, civil society organizations etc. to build integrity and to eliminate, minimize and prevent systemic corruption. Inspired by Integrity Action we understand integrity to be the alignment of four factors:
- Corruption control
Accountability is the ability of stakeholder to check that we do what we say we do. Competence is the ability to delivery quality and performs well. Ethics is defined as behaving in impartial and reliable manner with public purpose. Corruption is the abuse of power position for personal gain. Although control and sanction mechanisms are important when fighting corruption our approach is based on helping clients to restore health to their organizations as whole by increasing their institutional integrity.
We offer holistic, innovative and practical tools and approaches that break taboos and culture of cynicism and restore trust among employees that corruption can be dealt with effectively.
The consultancy services may include:
- Designing and conducting integrity assessments aimed at assessing systemic vulnerabilities to corruption and identifying the main causes of these vulnerabilities;
- Designing and facilitating the development of long-term anti-corruption strategic and action plans/integrity plans;
- Designing and implementing various capacity development interventions such as workshop, trainings, seminars, online courses, campaigns, outreach activities etc. aimed at strengthening institutional integrity;
- Facilitating internal change and reform process at all levels of organizations and/or government;
- Designing and conducing integrity building leadership courses including training, peer-to-peer exchange, coaching etc. aimed at helping leaders/mangers to act with integrity, but also to build integrity with others by creating viable alternatives;
- Elaborating effective solutions to identified systemic institutional weaknesses aimed at increasing transparency, accountability, competence, effectiveness, efficiency and participation;
- Conducting transparency and accountability analysis;
- Designing and delivering courses that promote the moral cultural organization with focus on developing and nourishing ethical competence of employees;
- Developing Codes of Ethics in a participatory manner and creating conditions for their effective implementation;
- Developing Integrity Pacts between public institutions and business so as to promote the culture of integrity in the community including business relations;
- Developing relations with the community so as to create ways to deal with corruption in a collaborative manner.